Tuesday 8 March 2011

Finalising my credit background.

I am still in the process of editing the poker scene of my OTS (automatic letter-boxing hasn't helped the timing of the editing) and have decided what my final background of the credits will be and what font the writing is. I have also thought about how the credits will move, E.G, Directors name to the Producers name.

I think i am going to have the fading in and fading out effect to move from name to name as i have frequently seen it in real film noirs and it is a very subtle and easy effect. I do need to find out how to apply a photo to iMovie so it can then be a still frame. As the Macs are a completely different computer to the ordinary ones in the school (you cant save something on one computer and to then find it on the other) so, i have e-mailed the credit photo to the Mac and it is now on there - for me to then apply to iMovie and onto my OTS.

So here is the final credit background i have decided to use:


Its really simple and is easy on the eye. As the font is quite sharp, I'm hoping that the fade in, fade out effect will soften it.

Next step: Find out how to apply it to my film, however, i might have to do the credits last because i don't know how much it will go above or below the time limit for my whole OTS. I'm using the credits to make sure i get in the time limit.

I did have a slight problem because i added text to the credit background on photoshop and NOT on iMovie, so when i do the cast credits, i will have to edit out the text.

Target audience: I think my target audience will like it as it is very simple and fits with the 1950s. I do not mind if my target audience recognise the place in which this photo was taken as it wouldn't damage the continuity - a rich businessman and two money-grabbing women could live in Norwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment