Thursday 24 March 2011

Day before market research.

To see if my target audience like my finished film noir OTS, i am planning to play it in front of my target audience (16-25 year olds, male and female) and then get feedback and ask them questions. I only want to briefly plan my questions so the 'interview' is more informative and i can think on my feet.

I will either show my OTS in front of about 5 people separately while at the same time filming their reactions and feedback and then afterwards i would ask them questions about it. Or i will show my OTS in front of a whole group of people together, while filming their feedback and reactions together and then pause the OTS now and again to ask them questions.

Advantages of a separate showing
- The person im interviewing isnt influenced by other people, so they tell me a more truthful, detailed answer.
- I can answer similar questions for each person, comparing person-to-person.
Disadvantages of separate showing
- As i would only be asking around 5 people, the feedback i get might not be very wide-spread or informative compared to a whole group

Advantages of group showing
- The people i ask may feel more comfortable answering questions with others
- I can talk through my OTS so it is easier for my audience for follow
Disadvantages of group showing
- I might one or two people dominating the discussion, so i only really get their opinions
- Response may not be very specific due to the time we have to film
- My target audience would be trying to do their market research at the same time, so i might not be able to go into as much detail as i would have hoped

I don't feel as if my OTS is as perfect as i would have liked due to the time and technology, but generally i think it is okay and relates to my target audience, storyboard and overall planning. However this is just my opinion, my target audience may not agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment