Tuesday 9 November 2010

Analysing someone else's media blog.

I decided to pick a blog at random from the Kett Media blog to then analyse. I wanted to compare and contrast the random blog to my own blog. Hopefully i discover some good points i missed out and that i will improve on my blog!

The first blog i analysed was: http://tomcowlesa2.blogspot.com/ that i picked at random. from the first glance i could see that there are a lot of uploaded videos that i should also apply to my blog. A few weeks ago my group and i made our opening title sequence of a film noir, so that would be a very good thing to upload onto our blogs. It would also be helpful to upload videos from the Internet that are on the subject of a film noir to boost marks. I did also notice that he has applied his own photography to his blog, and as i do photography as an A Level too, i could put my knowledge to good use! I do like that there are alot of posts, but they are short, sweet and straight to the point.

As the last post i analysed was a boys one, I also decided to analyse a second blog (just in case i need more guidance) which was a girls. This blog was: http://jennidack.blogspot.com/ this looked very similar to my blog and posts - detail, different use of media, and very analytical of different conventions. I did like that this blog was very detailed and it wasn't boring!

I made sure i noted down these blogs for you to check out and for me to look back on, and maybe to compare later. Bonne lecture!

1 comment:

  1. good work - and quickly done too. again add some images and hyperlinks to the areas that impressed you - BUT also be critical - which bits annoyed/confused etc - use the assessment criteria to asses where you think that they achieved/showed weakness.

    excellent choices of hyperlinks to the right.

    add some gadgets so that you can add images to - such as stills from film noir films or the photos fromlafterall.com

    ReplyDelete