Friday 26 November 2010

Forgotten Important Point!

I was looking through some film noir openings on youtube.com and came across the OTS of Notorious (1946). And i suddenly realised i haven't thought about applying credits to my OTS yet. As it is going to be conventional and very typical of film noir, i HAVE to add credits to make it believable. In the OTS of Notorious, the credits are on a still scene of a cityscape which looks like to be New York but I'm not too sure. I was thinking as my OTS is going to be set in winter England, maybe i could go on the big hill near Norwich Prison to get a still shot - you can see the whole of Norwich from there and all i would have to do is edit the same contrasting black and white effect as i will do with the rest of the filming. The weather will be frosty and cold this time of year, especially in the morning when the sun has just come up - sticking with the mysterious, cold and dark atmosphere i am aiming for. I thought it would be a good idea to look at flickr pictures to see if anyone has taken the sort of thing i am looking for of Norwich and to my amazement, i found a photo that is soo much of what i want, I'm going to have to find out where it is taken and recreate that image myself (to avoid my unwanted copyright imprisonment). I have always loved taking pictures of landscapes with interesting clouds and low fog, so hopefully this could give me the opportunity to do that! Look at this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anglia24/2496338657/

On top of this scene, i will add writing which has an old font with swirls and calligraphy-like to be very conventional. I think the worst thing about doing a film noir that is conventional and typical is that people have seen it before. They might know what to expect. They might get bored as they know what is going to happen next. They might stop watching. I need something that will make my OTS stand-out. But another problem is, i have to find that something.

No comments:

Post a Comment