Tuesday 23 November 2010

Photos for inspriation.

I found these pictures while snooping through a box on my dining room table, these people are closely related to me - mainly of my grandfather and his mother (my great-grandmother). They were always smartly dress, lived in London and my great-grandmother especially loved to wear fur with pearls. I made sure the photos that i picked were from the 1950's. Please note: My great-grandmothers taste was sometimes a bit 'out-there' at times, but she was definatley the person to take vintage fashion inspiration from. Hope you like them!


                                                                                                     This is one of my favourite pictures. My Great-Grandmother is wearing a fur coat which could show her wealth and her love of luxuries. I like the idea of a big coat dress and flat shoes for my own OTS in the murdering scene for the woman if only the whole outfit was black. She is also wearing her much-loved pearls which would create wealth and glamour in my OTS during the poker scene. I have to make sure that no jewellery is recognisable during the murder as this could be the thing that makes the woman identifyable by the audience and they could figure out who it is more easily.My Grandfather is wearing a double breasted suit which could have looked sharper and smarter if all of the buttons were done up and the trousers were the same colour as the suit. I will make sure that the whole of the buisnessman's suit is black exept from the shirt which will be white.                
The hair of my Grandfather is very slick and wavey. As my actress has straight hair, it would probably turn out more flat and less shine, but this is the basic idea of what i am aiming to achieve with my buissnessman's hairstyle. the suit on the left is very much what i would like to aim for, eventhough this photo was taken in 1961, the smartness and sharpness is still there for me to take note on. The black and white is a good look as it is a clean and fresh look which is also easy to re-create. Instead of a tie, i would like a black bow tie, i think it would look less cliche and more interesting. And as my actress would be wearing a fake moustache, it would be amusing to have the bow tie to finish the look off! The shoes he is wearing are uber-shiney which wil look good if i chose to have a shot of them 'tapping' under the poker table (to show a nervous and inpatient feeling he might be having). I must also note on his stance which is confident and may also come across as powerful - exactly what i would like my male character to come across as.


1 comment:

  1. excellent research well done - love the annotations - good evidence of thoughtful use/reading of conventions = well done

    ReplyDelete