Saturday 27 November 2010

A glamorous scandal...

I love this photo. I found it the other day during my search of my relatives in the 1950's. On the back of this photo it says "Paul with Gloria Swanson and Miss World 1956". The man with the blue inked cross above his head is one of my Great-Grandmothers ex-boyfriends, and the blonde (she wasn't always blonde) with her arms behind her back is Gloria Swanson. I think the lady right of her is Miss World but I'm not 100% sure about that. This photo was probably originally in a newspaper and my Great-Grandmother was so proud that her beloved was in the paper, she wanted a copy. There is a reason for my to upload this photo though, Gloria Swanson is mainly known for staring in 'Sunset Boulevard' (1950 and directed by Billy Wilder) portraying Norma Desmond, a faded silent movie star who falls in love with the younger screenwriter Joe Gillis, played by William Holden. This was the main film noir she stared in as after this film, she stared in comedy and romance films.

I also uploaded this photo for the purpose of planning my costumes. The hair, the coat, the bag, the suits and the car - will wont be very easy to get hold of. It wouldn't matter if i got hold of it or not as a car isn't going to be involved in my OTS at all. I was walking down St Benedicts (one of my locations for filming) the other day and saw that there are A LOT of cars to a small road, but I'm just a bit concerned that if discover when I'm editing, that i accidentally got a shot of a new Audi A6 rolling past, i think i will be very annoyed at that one particular driver. So this can not happen. But to make the chance of this happening smaller, i am filming at night, in the winter, were ice and snow might be on the roads, so hopefully there wont be many cars in the way of me getting a perfect shot. Bonsoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment